Google Search

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Just look.....

     ....at this picture.  I saw this on Google news with the caption "A Japanese mourner cries for a loved one during a mass funeral in Higashimatsushima...".  This picture makes me so thankful for what I have.  My heart aches for this woman.  Who knows who she is mourning-parent, husband, God forbid child.....but this is the kind of heartwrenching picture that makes me ask "Why, God?  Why would you let this happen?".  Of course, I know God has a plan for all of us.  I just hope my plan never involves standing at a MASS funeral for loved ones.  May God bring her peace, and I wish I could hug her from where I am.  Not that it would do any real good, but she just looks like she needs a hug, and a shoulder to cry on.  And probably food, clothes, a house, and all the other "little" things we in America have, and don't even think about or appreciate. 
     How many of us have felt what the look on her face is feeling?  Hurt, lost, distraught, weak, fearful, pained.  Maybe one or two at some point, but all of them put together.....doubtful.  When I heard about the earthquake, I have to admit, at first, I didn't really think too much about it.  I guess maybe the severity hadn't hit me yet.  It was just another one of those things that had happened in another country, yeah, sucks for them, but glad it's not here!  Now, and especially after seeing this woman's picture, I am filled with so much emotion for people who have lost everything.  I pray that God's plan includes a speedy recovery and some semblance of the people of Japan's lives put back in order.

my sig

1 comment:

Kristina Clemens said...

I'm so with you. Life is hard and all we can hope is to grasp the power of God who is at work in our lives. So much sorrow over there right now.
Kristina J.

My Blog Spark!

Blog Search