Google Search

Friday, March 14, 2008

Prayer of the Day

It is so nice out today! I have all the windows open, I can hear the birds.....I love living down here, in the wintertime, of course. The summer sucks ass.

A has this movie called All About Big Red Fire Engines that he LOVES, and he wanted to watch it this morning, and well, I feel like crap still, so I said OK, and I decided to do something I've wanted to do the first time I watched this movie with him. It was shot in New York City in 1993, and I've been meaning to look up and see if any of the firefighters were killed on September 11th. I don't know why, just....I guess so I could pay tribute when I watch the movie maybe? Seeme silly now. So anyway, I found this website, and this is what I'm going to be thinking about and praying about today - all the families of these 343 firefighters. The sad part is, out of all those 343, only 29 are confirmed dead. Gives you somethin' to think about, huh? Here is the link in case you're interested:

http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/091101rescuers.html

Just looking at all those faces, I can't even imagine. They could be your husband, your neighbor, your husband's buddy who comes over to drink beer and play pool. It's crazy. You never know what will happen. Just a normal day, I was driving to school, I was just passing Star Dental Center on Rte 13 going towards Dryden coming out of Cortland when I heard about the first plane crash on the news. By the time i got to school, every single TV was turned to a news station. I think I went to one class, then they closed the school and sent everyone home. I remember going to the Skillet at some point that day, I remember sitting on the couch watching the news, actually glued to the news, I remember watching people run on TV, but I don't remember what order all that happened in. Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know what I was thinking about today.
I'm also going to try and make wheat bread. We'll see how that goes....if it turns out good, I'll post pictures. I have a (supposedly) really good recipe:

Wheat Bread

Dissolve 2 packages dry yeast in 1/2 cup water with 1/2 Tbsp honey or sugar. Mix the following ingredients (with the dissolved yeast) in a bread mixer.

3 1/2 cups warm water
1 1/2 cups powdered milk
1 cup oil
4 beaten eggs
3/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp salt
1 or 2 cups white flour
about 10 cups whole wheat flour

After kneading in the bread mixer, let rise until doubled. Divide into 6 small loaves. Knead and shape. Let rise in greased pans. Preheat oven to 400F. Reduce to 300F and bake 1 hour.
I think I will probably halve the recipe for the first time. Nothing worse than 6 loaves of gross bread :p
Oh, and here are the long awaited pics of my bathrooms! Yay. Enjoy!

Bathroom 1 Before


Bathroom 1 After


Bathroom 2 Before


Bathroom 2 After


Yup, they weren't that dirty before, but....oh, well, it was fun anyway! Oh, and by the way, I didn't find anyone from his movie on the list. Thank God. I'd never be able to watch it again without crying!
my sig

No comments:

My Blog Spark!

Blog Search