Google Search

Thursday, April 3, 2008

blah blah blah

Well, I couldn't think of a creative title. So there you have it. I just got home from work. I decided I want a million dollars last night. Dad called me and left me a voice mail saying he won the $135 million dollar jackpot. When I tried to call him back, his phone was busy, which made me think, "Hmmm....even though it is April Fool's Day, maybe he really did win....". Yeah. No. Oh, well, more money just brings more problems.

So I ended up getting a dehydrator! Yay! I just ordered the instruction booklet in the mail, and it came yesterday. I'm really excited! I can make "fruit leather", it's like fruit rollups, and banana chips, apple rings, all sorts of stuff. I bought a chocolate mint plant at the Herb and Garden Festival in Ocean Springs last weekend, and I can use my dehydrator to dry herbs, so I might try it! That would be neat if it worked.

Whew. I'm looking through the CPSC website at the latest recalls. I just found 2 recalls for the kids' toys today, and it has me a little freaked out! There is some scary stuff in there; paintbrushes recalled for lead, cribs falling apart, and this one, which seems pretty self explanatory - DUH! What did they think was going to happen when they wrapped a candle in TREE BARK? Retards. Ugh. It takes forever to go through that website, but when I find toys for the kids on the curb, that's one of the drawbacks - having to scour for recalls. The odd thing is, I was looking really far back, and although they DID have cameras back then, in the late 90's and earlier, they had no pictures of what was recalled, only like, a pencil drawing. WTF good does that do, I'd like to ask?! Anyway....it's late, I'm tired. Off to dreamland....
my sig

No comments:

My Blog Spark!

Blog Search